Pineapple Ventures, Inc. Privacy and Cookies Policy
Effective Date: March 24, 2019
- offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
To ask questions or provide comments about the Policy or to exercise any rights identified in the Policy, please contact us at:
15207 Sunset Blvd. Suite C, Pacific Palisades, CA 90292
1. INFORMATION THAT WE MAY OBTAIN
If you fill forms or portals on the Website, you may be asked to provide us with certain kinds of “Personal Information”, including your name and email address. Please do not submit any categories of information that we do not request, and do not submit any kinds of confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, medical information, financial account information, or passwords or other means to access any email or other accounts.
The Website is only intended for use by adults over the age of eighteen (18). Use by persons under age 18 is strictly prohibited. If we learn that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will make attempts to delete any such Personal Information.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATED TRACKING METHODS
The Website uses a number of automated data collection methods, which may include:
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Your web browser may include a function that permits you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or “Flash cookies”) to collect and store information. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons: Pages of the Websites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics or information.
- Google Analytics: The Website, as well as third parties, may use Google Analytics cookies to collect aggregate information about how users visit the Website. You can review Google Analytics’ data practices here, and many install a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on here.
- Server Logs: We may track information about your visit to the Website and store that information in web server logs.
- Social Media Plugins: Some pages of the Website may use social media plugins to aid social media sharing. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins and recommend that you review these third parties’ privacy policies.
Do Not Track Signals: Certain web browsers allow users to provide “do not track” signals to websites. The Website does not respond to “do not track” signals.
3. USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and use the information we collect for certain purposes, including the following purposes:
- Presenting and providing content to you, and operating and improving the Website;
- Providing services to you and communicating with you concerning our services and your account;
- Responding to your requests, questions, or comments;
- Carrying out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Operating sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions;
- Monitoring and analyzing site traffic, usage, trends, and activities related to our services or the Website, and diagnosing technical problems, administering the Website, or providing or displaying content;
- Permitting you to access and interact with interactive features of the Website;
- Sending you notifications concerning service or product updates, technical information, changes in products or services that we offer, general information, or modifications or updates to the Policy, Website, or other terms where applicable, and other messages;
- Processing payment, verifying purchases or transfers, or servicing orders or accounts
- Contacting you about goods and services that may be of interest to you
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide it; or
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to others, but we may share your Personal Information with others in the following circumstances:
- If Personal Information is “anonymized”, meaning it cannot be used to identify you;
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, contractors, service providers, partners, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including to third-party payment processors;
- To comply with any enforceable subpoena, government or regulatory request or demand, investigative demand, court order, law or legal process;
- To enforce or apply our legal rights and to defend against legal claims;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others, including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To aid in a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your prior consent.
4. DATA PROTECTION AND RETENTION
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to prevent the loss, misuse, destruction, unauthorized access, and alteration of Personal Information that we obtain from you. Our security measures, however, cannot guarantee that any Personal Information we possess will be completely secure. By using the Website, you expressly acknowledge that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Website and that any Personal Information or other information received from you through the Website is provided at your own risk.
We retain your Personal Information for the time reasonably necessary to provide services requested by you, or for purposes stated in this Policy.
5. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code section 1798.83 allows you to request information about our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You can make such requests of us at the following contact information:
15207 Sunset Blvd. Suite C, Pacific Palisades, CA 90292
Within thirty (30) days of receiving an express written request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted in ways other than those specified above.
If you are a resident of California and do not want us to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please notify us of such using the contact information provided above, and clearly state your request, name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Upon receipt of your express written request, we will remove your name from lists we share with other companies as soon as reasonably practicable.
Additionally, if you are a California resident under the age of eighteen (18), and have registered to use the Site, California Business and Professions Code section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You can do so by contacting us at info@PineappleVenturesInc.com. If you make such a request, please identify where the content or information is posted on the Site so that we can attempt to remove the post from public view or anonymize the content or information such that you cannot be identified. This removal process cannot ensure complete removal, for example, if content or information remains visible because a third party has copied the posting or reposted the content or information posted by the minor.
6. OPT-OUT RIGHT
You have the right to opt out of receiving future marketing, promotional, or emails from us by following the instructions set forth in any such emails. Even if you opt out of such communications, we may nevertheless transmit non-promotional communications to you, such as communications concerning ongoing representations or business relationships. We may not accommodate a request to change Personal Information if it believes that the requested change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right to modify and revise the Policy. The Effective Date of this Policy is set forth at the top of this webpage, and this Policy supersedes any and all prior versions. If we materially change the way we collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information, we will notify you prior to said change by email and/or by inserting a prominent notice on the Website.
Effective Date: March 24, 2019
BY CHOOSING TO USE THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFY THAT:
- YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD.
15207 Sunset Blvd. Suite C, Pacific Palisades, CA 90292
The Website and the information contained therein are offered for informational purposes only. Neither we nor the Website shall be held responsible or liable for the accuracy of any information transmitted or made available through the Website, nor responsible for any error or omissions in that information.
The Website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in California. We make no representation that any of the materials or services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Website outside of the State of California should not be construed as our purposefully availing ourselves of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than the State of California.
The Website is intended only for persons residing in the United States, and we do not make any representations or warranties concerning any content, products, or services on or offered through the Website being suitable or available in any other jurisdictions. We reserve the right to limit access to persons in other jurisdictions at any time and at our complete discretion.
We hereby disclaim all warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We make the Website available “as is”, without warranty of any kind. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the Website.
Intellectual Property: All contents of the Website are Copyright © 2020 15207 Sunset Blvd. Suite C, Pacific Palisades, CA 90292. All rights are reserved. All of our trademarks, service marks, and trade names, whether registered or not, used on the Website are our property. We do not grant you, and nothing on the Websites should be understood as granting you a license to use any of our trademarks, service marks, or logos or those of any third party.
Copyright Notice: If you have evidence, know, or have a good-faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third-party have been violated and you want us to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide us with all of the following information at the contact information listed above:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Security Features: You are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Website, including, without limitation: (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Website to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Website; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing the Website. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to liability.
3. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
By employing the Website and Services, we do not consent to jurisdiction, venue, or choice of law in or of any jurisdiction. Any dispute with respect to or arising from the Websites or Services shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its laws relating to choice of laws, and the forum to resolve any such dispute or disagreement shall be a court within the City of Los Angeles, State of California, United States of America, and no other forum whatsoever.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
By using the Website or purchasing any product or service on the Website, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Pineapple Ventures, Inc. and its agents, managers, officers, directors, representatives, and employees from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively, “Claims”) arising from or growing out of any acts or omissions you commit, including but not limited to, violation of any applicable law, regulation, or order.
In no event will you be entitled to recover from Pineapple Ventures, Inc. any indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary, or special damages, or any damages for loss of data, profits, revenue, reputation, business, or goodwill, even if the Pineapple Ventures, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages.